Several of you have asked what you could do to help with the Relay For Life of Moon Area event. I thank each and every one of you for asking what you can do and will list several areas you can help make a difference:
- Join the Cherry Pickers team for Relay For Life of Moon Area. By joining the Cherry Pickers, you can help solicit donations from family and friends and participate during our big event on June 5-6!
- Register your dog and participate in our Bark For Life event. This one-mile walk includes games, prizes, vendors and more.
- Make a donation.
- Corporate sponsorship. Our Relay and Bark For Life events are looking for corporate sponsors! Know someone who wants to underwrite expenses for the Survivor Reception or Luminaria Ceremony?
- Help solicit in-kind donations. We’re looking for restaurants to support our efforts by donating goods, services, money. We’re also looking for any business to help support our event through sponsorships, in-kind donations (prizes such as hotel stays, gift baskets, gift cards, coupons, certificates, etc). We’re looking for a pizza place to donate pizzas at midnight. Also looking for bagels and coffee (or other breakfast goods) for both Saturday and Sunday morning.
- Create a team! Get your co-workers, family and friends together and join us for a fun-filled, non-competitve day! Raise funds and have fun!
- VOLUNTEER! Yes, we need lots of day-of help, from set-up to take down, we need help all throughout the day and night.
Many of you might be asking why I am involved with the American Cancer Society Relay For Life. Well, the answer is simple: I’m able to see my donations at work.
The American Cancer Society isn’t just a research organization, it’s a nonprofit that provides programs and services to those diagnosed with cancer today, yesterday and tomorrow. The organization offers advocacy that can help you and me learn about ways to reduce our risks.
I also fight back with the American Cancer Society because the organization does not discriminate against any form of cancer. The group fights back for every single person diagnosed with cancer — breast, skin, lung, colon, etc.
I want a cancer-free future. Is that doable? Sure. But in the meantime, those battling cancer today can receive help and it’s all thanks to every single dollar and every single volunteer hour you offer the American Cancer Society.